Saturday 26 August 2017

Alterations

It became pretty obvious when we were clearing out my Mum's things that not only did she buy way too many clothes but all the clothes she made for herself were unfinished! 

Luckily for my wardrobe Mum was larger than me so a lot of things went to charity but I kept a few things to alter and/or finish.

The most recent things to tweak were a River Island Dress and an unfinished silk top.
 

 The dress was too big round the middle so I opted for the absolute simplest way of taking it in and added some elastic to the back of the dress. I feel a bit like I am wearing a picnic blanket when wearing it and have yet to wear it out of the house but I love it!


The top was a super simple kimono sleeved top but was massive. I put it on, pinned it to size then re sewed the seams. Mum had pinned the hem but never finished it so I let it down a bit and hemmed it.


It is not the most flattering top but it is nice to have the fabric Mum loved so much actually being worn!


I also inherited a rather large fabric stash including a few pieces of Harris Tweed. I made one of them into a waistcoat for the husband's birthday which I will hopefully get posted on here soon!




1 comment:

  1. Love the colour of the fabric the top is made from and the dress looks pretty.

    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.