Wednesday 30 December 2015

Goodbye 2015


What a year. I have never been on such an emotional rollercoaster as 2015 and hope never to be on another like it.

Throughout the stress of Mum's cancer diagnosis, chemo, surgery, apparent cure, terminal diagnosis, more chemo (that almost killed her) and then her death at the end of November there have been some good bits and some sewing.

In January I discovered Yoga with Adriene, amazing is the only word necessary. Have a look at her on you tube, loads of free yoga videos. 

In March my sister announced she was expecting Baby number 2!

In June I started advertising my business doing alterations,  mending, custom clothing and sewing lessons. It has gone really well and I have matched my part time salary from my other job with income from this one which is amazing considering the circumstances. Hopefully this will continue although I do hope folk will start remembering when I am coming round to measure/pin/collect things, I have now been greeted twice by folk in just their dressing gowns :)





In July we went on an amazing holiday to Prague. We will be going back.

In August I met up with some other lovely sewing bloggers in Glasgow which was a nice escape from reality for a day.


My sisters baby was born the day before Mum's birthday in October and is an absolutely gorgeous little boy! Mum got some quality cuddles with him before she died which was lovely.

During the year I also squeezed in some sewing, lots of repeated use of patterns and all essential items that have been well worn. All except the parrot dress that I forgot to take on holiday with me. It was then going to be my Mum's funeral dress but she asked if we would all wear Christmas jumpers as well as bright colours to the funeral so it never got worn then either. Next summer!

Onwards and upwards now. 2016 is going to be my year of more complicated sewing. I have a jacket pattern to make a blazer for my husband, a jeans pattern for me and want to finish my winter coat that I started in early 2014 so that should keep me busy, along with the hundreds of meters of curtains and trousers I will hopefully be hemming :)



8 comments:

  1. You and me both for the up an down year. 2016 can only get better and I wish you and your family all the very best and that your sewing business continues to grow.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! Same to you and yours! A x

      Delete
  3. You have been through so much, i bet your mum was so proud of what you have achieved. I hope that 2016 is a much easier year for you and your lived ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Fingers crossed for a better year! A x

      Delete
  4. That really is some year you've had. I hope 2016 brings you & your family lots of happiness, good health & healing. I'm loolbig forward to seeing your sewing makes in 2016!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.