Saturday 28 June 2014

Frenzied sewing

The sun is out and it's the start of the school holidays, it can only mean one thing, some frenzied summer sewing for me and the kids who are seriously lacking in summer attire!  The kids have grown - how inconvenient - so the shorts that have done a few years are now hot pants, not a good look on a 8 year old boy!

I bought the shorts pattern from MADE last year and it is a very good simple short, very quick to make.


I made the biggest size for Big E so hopefully they will last a few summers, no pictures as they are in the wash already!

I then stumbled across this free shorts pattern from Oliver + S. It is brilliant as well. 

 

 



The shorts are a little more complicated, in that you add the waistband, but they are lovely wee shorts. The turquoise ones are made from the legs of a pair of linen trousers of mine.

Next up was a tennis skirt for little e using this free pattern from Kitschy Coo.



She likes it - result!

Big E then started complaining that little sis had more than him so I finally sewed the shirt that I have been meaning to make for over a year!



He chose the buttons :) I have fabric for a boys t-shirt as well but that will have to wait for a while!

There has also been lots of selfish sewing that I will share soon, well, as soon as the kids allow, since I am on full time entertainment duty for the next 6 weeks!







Linking to some of these fab linky parties.

3 comments:

  1. These are great! I love the shirt, particularly the buttons. What pattern did you use for that? Luckily E's shorts from last year still fit, which is great because he has loads - we were toilet training this time last year! Maybe next year I will make him some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such colourful and practical clothes! Perfect for sunny holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous sewing projects. Just need lots of sunshine
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.