Friday 8 November 2013

DIY Blanket from felted sweaters

What do you do when you buy 2 jumpers on eBay thinking they will be perfect to wear in the winter then realise that there was a reason they were cheap, they are about 2/3 of the size they should be....?!

You store them for two years of course, and when your fabric cupboard finally refuses to close you drag them out, felt them some more along with another sweater you have acquired, and cut them in to A4, A5, A6 and A7 sized rectangles with the plan to sew them together in to a blanket. That was in June.



Finally I set them all out on my bed in a pattern I liked then sewed them together. It was a bit of a rush job as I laid it all out (which took a good 45 minutes) on my bed, at 9pm.... I finished sewing it up at about 10.30pm, there is nothing like a desire to clear the bed so you can get in to it to get you moving!


It now sits over my legs like a proper old ladies blanket keeping me warm!


1 comment:

  1. Very good idea - Can't believe you kept them for so long!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.