Monday 22 April 2013

An Award!

Last week I had a lovely surprise, I was passed the Leibster blog award by Helen from Grosgrain Green, a super talented lady who makes gorgeous clothes!

Along with the award I was given 10 questions to answer, here goes...!

1. Why did you start sewing/making?

I always fancied making my own clothes (my Grandma was an amazing seamstress and my Mum sews a bit as well) but it was only when I had my daughter 4.5 years ago that I actually bit the bullet and tried my hand at a rather tiny dress pattern. After that I was hooked!

2. What's your favourite part of sewing/making?


The bit in the middle, when you take the pre cut pieces and form them in to a recognisable garment!

3. And least favourite?

Cutting out and finishing/hemming!

4. Who is your muse/style idol/style inspiration/style crush? Can be real or fictional. Famous or civilian.

I don't really have one which I think is one of my problems, I am not a very stylish person but am trying , as I get older, to graduate from jeans and t-shirts...

5. What is your favourite make?

Oooh I'm not sure.... 

I love my Abbey Coat but the fabric was an utter nightmare (Sandra on The Great British Sewing Bee had the same fabric for her jacket, but in red, and I felt her pain as she struggled with fraying, stretching fabric!)

 but think my favourite is the vogue dress I made for little e.

6. And least proud?

I have a peplum top sitting on my dress form which is a disaster. It is a burda pattern and I didn't make a muslin which was a huge mistake. It just does not fit at all and I have no idea where to start in fixing it!

7. What's your sewing/making bete noire? Your biggest challenge, or the thing you've been putting off?

See above....

8. Where do you find inspiration?

Pinterest and other sewing blogs

9. Do you have any other hobbies, other than sewing/making?

I love gardening and reading as well as all things crafty!

10. What is your sewing set up? Do you have a dedicated sewing space? Are you relegated to a corner of the living room?


 I am very very lucky because I have a craft room. In our last house I used the dining room table then when it all got too much for my husband I got a log cabin in the garden. I much prefer being in a room in the house though, handier when I am home alone with the kids!



I hope no one will be offended that I am not passing the award on to particular blogs, you all deserve it!






5 comments:

  1. I lives reading your answers! I don't think it matters at all if you don't nominate anyone in particular. It's hard work TBH! I love little E's dress! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! Love the dress, very pretty!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the award and I enjoyed your Q&A's.
    I used to enjoy sewing but it got too expensive. However I am currently making a Prince Charming costume for our daughter who is in the local gala. I've made the dress and now I'm onto the jacket which is a lot more complicated. I willdo a post when it's finished.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Look forward to seeing the costume :)
      A
      x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.