Sunday 10 February 2013

Oliver & S Girls Pleated Skirt

I am continuing with the stashbusting challenge at Cation Designs and February's challenge was to make something for someone you love, a perfect time to make a skirt for little e.

I used an Oliver & S pattern I have had for ages. I made the tunic in 2011 and have now made the pleated skirt.
Image from Oliver & S web site

It is a fantastic pattern and the skirt was fairly easy to put together, I made it in an evening.


The fabric is a cotton tartan I bought in Florida in 2011 and has been sitting in my cupboard of doom since. It is a bit lightweight, so doesn't hold the pleats very well, but little e likes it (although the elastic needs tightened as is it a bit loose at the moment!



This is not the look we are really going for, this pic was caught in a small window that little e was feeling ok this week.








Linking to some of these fab linky parties!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my sewing inspiration - I hope to one day say 'I made it in an evening' and not 'I cobbled it together over a few weeks' lol. You are one clever lady!

    Have a great week, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cute skirt! love the pink button too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.