Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas Sewing

Along with the Christmas Crochet I also managed to get some Christmas sewing done between attending nativity plays, running the kids to various parties etc!

I made a make up / toiletries bag for my cousin, which I filled with a crocheted headband and some hair slides,



and a dancing shoes bag for my mother in law who loves going ballroom dancing.


Both were made using modified patterns form the Cath Kidston Sew book, a great book with very detailed instructions and one of my most used sewing books. The fabric for the toilet bag is an Ikea pillow case lined with an old shower curtain and the shoe bag is made for fairtrade organic cotton from here ( a fantastic shop).

I also russled up two covered notebook's using this fantastic tutorial.
 
This one is for my oldest friend who has just got engaged so embroidered 'I do' on the front


 and this one for my sister who is pregnant with my first niece or nephew,


I think I may be more excited than her at the moment, roll on July and teeny baby cuddles!!


7 comments:

  1. Everything looks great, Alison, but I especially like the dancing shoes bag. It's the perfect fabric for someone who does ballroom dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, teeny baby cuddles are the best :-)

    Love your makes, the notebooks are so unique!

    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dancing shoes bag!! So personal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely things, really need to jump back on the sewing malarkey! The bag for your MIL is lovely, I've always been miffed with CK patterns, not sure why we don't get on, but your bag looks great.
    Congrats to your sis, look forward to seeing what you make for the little bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you getting sewing done! I haven't done much crafting at all lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gifts there Alison! So personal - just gorgeous!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. the "me & my bump" journal is just darling. such a precious gift for her. thanks so much for linking this up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.