Wednesday 22 February 2012

DIY: old jeans to new skirt

In my rather large suitcase of clothes to refashion I had the top of a pair of jeans I had cut the legs off to make other things. I knew you could make skirts from jeans so after a quick google to check how I thought I should do it would work I got unpicking.

There is no point in me writing out a full how to, no point reinventing the wheel, so here is the best one I could find on the web.


This is what I came up with, a little short but perfect with leggings!

Couldn't get this blasted photo to turn, even though it is the correct way round on my conputer...


Please excuse the terrible last photo, dusty mirror, chaos in the background and if you are really observant you will see the bright pink patchwork carpet in the hall along with some bare floor, oh how much we have to do in this house !



7 comments:

  1. Does look good with leggings! I always fancied making a bag out of the top of a pair of old jeans - I just need to be able to sew ;) Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the skirt Alison!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You did an awesome job! Thanks for linking up at Show Me What You Got Tuesday's at www.ourdeligtfulhome.blogspot.com.

    Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, and fun to wear. I was just thinking of doing this, I did it a few years back. Andi thewednesdaybaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!! So glad that you shared it at Things I've Done Thursday!!

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com
    P.S. I launched a great CD giveaway today if you're interested!! http://www.bearrabbitbear.com/2012/03/ummcan-i-get-zumba-dvd-to-this-review.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I love putting old denim to a new fun use.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.