Wednesday 29 June 2011

Teacher/leader gifts

Tomorrow is Big E's last ever day at nursery (pre-school) so some teacher gifts were in order! It is a big nursery so I needed 5 female pressies and 1 male.

I decided fabric flower brooches were the way to go for the ladies:


I made them all different and attached them to a piece of card with the slogan 'Thanks for helping me Bloom'  printed on. I am going to get Big E to sign them all in the morning.


The dahlia is for his group leader, I made it to 'match' the plant we also got her


The other ladies got flowers made with fabric scraps and beads and buttons from my stash.





and one for me because it was too nice to give away!

bad photo I know, I took it while wearing the flower, why didn't I just take it off???!
I had no bright ideas for the man so he is getting a bag of M&M's!

At least next year there will only be one teacher to make for!





p.s. let me know if you want to know how I made any of them. I didn't include any instructions since there are millions of flower tutorials floating around and figure everyone has seen them all before!


8 comments:

  1. Hey Alison! I'm glad we found each other! ;) I can't wait to read more about your carftiness!! Hopefully I made you jig! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these flower brooches - and what a great idea for the comment you wrote on the gift card too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. o these are so pretty! i love them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of them are awesome!! such cute flowers :)

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty flowers!!! i love the red one:)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments :-) They went down a storm with the staff, I suppose not many folk do handmade around here so it was a bit different and less fattening that another box of chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful. I just learned how to make some similar! :o)

    ♥Jazmin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.